Help me sex my rir chick:)

So I'm new with the chickens.....We have 3 RIR and 6 Barred Rocks...
One of my RIR is a lot bigger than the other two (They are all the same age). It's comb to me looks like that of a hen, but the tail feathers and behavior seem to lean towards Rooster. When the other chickens jump around or move too quickly this big one likes to run and jump on them as if to put them in their place
hmm.png
...also when it does this the neck feathers get all ruffled. Like I said, the comb is throwing me off because they are 3 months old. Any comments and experience examples welcomed. Thanks

Those are pullets.

The RIR though smaller will be in top pecking order, it's in their personality to be so. They are also the roughest on new introductions to the flock.

Thanks! I was just concerned because all 9 of them have been together since day one and this ones behavior changed pretty quickly. My daughter calls this one the "bully" and points at her saying "NOW THATS NOT NICE"
lau.gif

Thank you for posting that photo Fred's Hens! I've been trying to read up on how to sex my RIR but I only have two and they look the same to me so I didn't know if they were both hens, or if they were both roosters. I believe they are both hens after seeing you pic. That helped so much! Here are my "girls" Peep and Nibbles at ~8 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom