help me with my coop design please!

FF

Songster
10 Years
Jan 9, 2010
Tennessee
Hello. I am in the process of building a coop/run for about 40 egg layers/rooster total. They will be just babies when I get them so thats not a problem. I need to make it as small as possible. I know this sounds vcrazy but am on a $200 budget. I have the building materials all at my house but fence, run and that wood I will have to buy. Just give me what you got!haha. Thank to any and all that reply and thanks for looking also!

Quote:
Where is White Pine? Knowing the seasons of your area helps. Also, when you say you have the building materials at your house, what does that include? What do you already have??? And lastly, have you browsed the large coops section of the forum??? For that many birds, you'll need quite a large coop/run, so you may be browsing craigs list freecycle...

Hello. What I mean by that is I have all the materieals needed. I have about 12 shhets of OSB. I build small play houses on th eside for extra money. I live in Tennessee also. Thank you for replying

If you want them to have the absolute minimum square footage per bird, you'd need about 80 square feet in the coop. So about 9'x9'. You could easily build that out of the OSB you have, and then build a run of 4 sq feet per bird.

Back
Top Bottom