Help me with my project!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by melodyrg, Aug 18, 2013.

1. melodyrg

melodyrg Out Of The Brooder

Oct 31, 2012
    Hey guys! I'm doing a special project board for the York Fair for FFA that relates to my SAE project. My SAE is egg production obviously but my board can be on anything poultry related subject. I'm thinking of doing a time line of the incubation process in detail. But what do you guys think anything special I can do?

I'm really into breeding and genetics also, so maybe focus on a special breeding program?

My only problem is that my project will be displayed among elementary school kids projects and as a high school senior I'd like my project to be more advanced than theirs.

Thanks everyone in advance I'd love to hear your ideas!

2. loveourbirds

loveourbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2013
    waverly ohio
    how about sex link genetics?

3. melodyrg

melodyrg Out Of The Brooder

Oct 31, 2012
    Like how they work? That sounds interesting I have to research more, thanks!

4. loveourbirds

loveourbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2013
    waverly ohio
    im not sure of what you need to do exactly, but a lot of people have questions on it.

for instance red over barred produces male chicks with dots on their heads, but females heads will be black.

another thing you could possibly do is explain to people about how certain genes need special breeding practices. for instance blue - when you breed to blue chickens you get 1/2 blue, 1/4 black, and 1/4 splash. maybe even explain chocolate/fawn and certain cuckoo genes.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by