Help me with some issues with 4h and fairboards "sigh"

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by runamuck, Nov 23, 2008.

1. runamuck

runamuck Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2008
    Northern michigan
    Ok, I'm having some huge issues with the Market club, 4h extention(spelling??) and the fair board. I am a leader,fairboard member, Rabbit and Poultry barn super and part of the market club.
    Well we had a market club meeting last week and we went over the sale rule and market class rules... And all they have for Poultry rules is see fairbook... Now the fairbook is extremely limited on information and is written in a way that new people will get extremely confused.. ( last yrs market pen was a pair of easter eggers????) So they asked me to write some guide lines. Ok easy enough right? NOT .... These 3 groups will not see eye to eye on anything !! They are so stuck in there ways and don't want to change anything. I mean how can you have a market 4h class for cornish hens when theres not even a class in the fairbook??? People have complained to me about buying old turkeys and they were tough as nails to eat but these groups of adults will not see eye to eye for 2 minutes to make this a better thing for the kids. "sigh" What I need to know does anyone elses 4h in the entire world allow anything other then cornish or cornish rock crosses to be market pens? Any advice would be helpful and does anyone know what a pheasant pen should weigh? Thanks

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Wish I could help you.

My only 4H experience was as a teen and I had a garden.
    I always did well with beets and squash. (I grew HUGE banana squash)

Maybe someone else will see this if I bump it up.

3. runamuck

runamuck Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2008
    Northern michigan
    Thanks

4. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2008
  5. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens