1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Help me!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Jackson55, Dec 22, 2012.

1. Jackson55

Jackson55 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 21, 2012
    Texas
    Ok so I did this thing and the egg cracked and a fetus came out. I am surprised because its day 23 and a fetus came out. During candling this egg looked much different then my other and when the fetus came out it was in ugly yellow water. It was weird. I'm leaving the other alone because I think my problem was they developed late. Also this egg wobbles more than the fetus one did. I raised the humidity a lot since this. It's my last egg and I want it to live. Anything I should do. The temperature and humidity are fine for all I know.

2. namastemama

namastemama Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm no expert but they sound they they stopped developing the yellow water sounded like bacteria maybe.

3. maidenwolfx80

maidenwolfx80 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2012
    missouri
    Its day 23? Usually it isnt much over 21 days and they hatch. Have any hatched at all for you ? It sounds like there was too much humidity if there was water in there?

4. Jackson55

Jackson55 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 21, 2012
    Texas
    None have hatched at all. I'm hoping my last one does. I'm going to try to turn the humidity down. Thnx for your help!

5. maidenwolfx80

maidenwolfx80 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2012
    missouri
    They should have at least pipped by now. If the humidity is to high they will drown. check for pips without lifting the lid and if there are none then the last little one is going to dead too. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by