Help! Misplaced Air Cell - what to do for lockdown?

Stormie80

Chirping
Apr 8, 2019
Addison, NY
I’m hatching shipped eggs in a Nurture Right 360 incubator. I’m on Day 15 and this is my first hatch. I have 2 eggs that have their air cells on the side of the egg, even though I let the eggs rest and then placed them upright in the incubator for the first few days. I don’t know what to do with them during lock down in a few days. Do I need to brace them some how to make sure the air cell stays upright? I can cut a holder for the egg out of an egg carton? Any thoughts, suggestions, personal experience? And if anyone can explain how a chick moves into position, I would appreciate it! Maybe they just know where the air cell is? Thank you!!

Day 16 and all 16 eggs are still viable but I’m really worried about lockdown and how to position those two eggs. Please anyone!?

Insanely well! 14 of the 16 hatched. The chick with the air cell on the side had no problem getting out. I hatch them in egg cartons, but the side one I left on the side with the cell upwards. It started pipping before getting kicked around. I had one like that on this hatch too. Both got out but it took them longer from pip to zip than compared to the rest. Good luck and keeping fingers crossed!

Back
Top Bottom