HELP!!! Mixed hen breeds dying

yoakamgal

In the Brooder
Feb 19, 2023
Yes my question is over the past couple months we have lost 6 hens ( just starting to lay. Around 6 months old). They are fine one day then I notice them hanging out in coop alone or away from other hens. Then I notice they aren’t moving much. Then they’re not eating much or drinking. Then I notice runny yellow poop. I take them out of coop give vet rx or other meds. ( tried vinegar and some garlic. Also vet rx and corid. Some vitamin B and rooster booster. I haven’t seen any worms in poop or eyes. Haven’t seen mites or lice. I started with 15 last year and down to 8 well hens and 1 very sick one. I’ve tried everything I have been told to try. I haven’t tried antibiotics (amoxicillin ) like someone suggested because everywhere is sold out. Please help if you can. I’m including a couple pictures of my sick chicken I took yesterday. Other chickens had same symptoms FA7B207E-6815-4C56-A9B9-41EBB85EF2F1.jpeg

Attachments

• 0DA549A3-6795-409A-859E-990E0277B6B4.jpeg
    0DA549A3-6795-409A-859E-990E0277B6B4.jpeg
    584.9 KB · Views: 1
  • E1C04660-A23A-4D63-B86B-14AF8D6FBBE9.jpeg
    E1C04660-A23A-4D63-B86B-14AF8D6FBBE9.jpeg
    530.5 KB · Views: 1
vet rx or other meds. ( tried vinegar and some garlic. Also vet rx and corid. Some vitamin B and rooster booster. I haven’t seen any worms in poop or eyes.
Vet Rx is not a medication, it's vapor rub for chickens.
Did you use the corid with the booster booster/b vitamins? B vitamin cancels out the corid.
What is their diet, brand, treats etc?
Where did you get them?
Any other symptoms?
I'd send one in for necropsy.

Vet Rx is not a medication, it's vapor rub for chickens.
Did you use the corid with the booster booster/b vitamins? B vitamin cancels out the corid.
What is their diet, brand, treats etc?
Where did you get them?
Any other symptoms?
I'd send one in for necropsy.
I didn’t use any together. If one med didn’t help with chicken I tried something different when another chicken got sick. I have give them meal worm trio mostly as treats and food i was giving producers pride from tractor supply after several got sick I changed to a local provider with kalmbach all natural 17% layer pellets. As far as I can tail there is no other symptoms.

Then they’re not eating much or drinking.
And yet her crop looks swollen.. how does it feel? Is it large, squishy, hard, flat, etc..

https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...w-to-know-which-one-youre-dealing-with.73607/

If she passes.. refridgerate and send in to your state vet for necropsy, often free or affordable to back yard keepers. Contact info for US labs in following link..

https://www.metzerfarms.com/poultry-labs.html

Sorry for your loss.. it shouldn't be quite like that. :hugs

I'm so sorry for your losses. How terrible...
:hugs

The only actual meds listed is Corid, and that's only going to treat coccidiosis, which I don't see symptoms of in your post.

You can get antibiotics online by googling "baytril no prescription."

I'm wondering if it's Marek's or LL. And if they are just coming into lay, may be a reproductive disorder.

I definitely agree that you need to send the next to die for necropsy so you can learn what you're dealing with and stop this from happening.

Back
Top Bottom