Help! More avatar issues!

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by 77horses, Mar 31, 2009.

1. 77horses

77horses ◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    aahh! this is REALLY frustrating! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I want to change my avatar, so I went to this website to change the size: www.shrinkpictures.com I uploaded my picture, resized it, right clicked and saved it, and then I went to upload it here. When I found the one that I had saved, I uploaded it and it said that my new avatra had been uploaded. But when it redirected me, I had the same avatar as before!??!!! [​IMG] I kept trying over and over again, but nothing worked!?? [​IMG]

Can't I just simply upload my avatar already????!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Please help! [​IMG]
    Thanks! [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 31, 2009
  2. cluckychick

cluckychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    South of KCMO
    I just changed mine so lets see if it worked. Did you try signing off of BYC and then signing back in? What is your avatar? I remember someone else having a problem with this but everyone could see the new avatar but the OP.

3. 77horses

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    Quote:No I haven't tried signing off.
    This has happened before; it said that the photo was too big to upload but then it did upload anyway! aahhh why is simply getting a new avatar sooo stressful!!!??? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. 77horses

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    WOW! What the...?? NOW my avatar just changed???! That is just awkward.... [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

This has happened before; it said that the photo was too big to upload but then it did upload anyway! aahhh why is simply getting a new avatar sooo stressful!!!??? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

http://www.shrinkpictures.com/create-avatar/

Go there and change the size to 100 instead of 200 - works like 1 2 3

Last edited: Mar 31, 2009
  6. 77horses

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]

http://www.shrinkpictures.com/create-avatar/

Go there and change the size to 100 instead of 200 - works like 1 2 3

Thanks! I just tried it on another picture...but again, it said that it uploaded successfully but it hasn't changed. [​IMG] [​IMG] Like right now I have an avatar with flowers, and I just tried the website you gave me, and I saved the resized image, but when I uploaded it, it said that it was uploaded successful, but I still have the flower avatar? [​IMG]

7. 77horses

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    AH! Now it changed again! It like doesn't change until after a while and THEN out of no where the new avatar pops up! [​IMG] I guess it just loads a bit and then changes...

Thanks!

8. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Once you load it try clicking on submit again at the bottom! That may do it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by