Help! My 5 month old Pullet is NQR.

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by samantha1128, Mar 1, 2015.

1. samantha1128

samantha1128 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 2, 2011
    Gilbert Arizona
    I have a wheaten polish that is not acting right. She was acting disoriented today and I picked her up and she just doesn't look right. She normally would run from me. She isn't eating or drinking.

When I got home from work today she was hiding in bushes panting with dirt on her beak. It isn't hot here so she can't be overheating! I am sure she is dehydrated at this point.

I brought her in house to stay warm and gave her some vitamin water but she looks terrible.

I checked her all over. No mites, vent is cleAn, no egg bulge and no injury or sickened I can see. Her tail and wings are droopy and she is panting every few seconds with labored breathing. She did feel cold to the touch when I brought her in house. She is warming up now.

Any ideas??

2. samantha1128

samantha1128 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 2, 2011
    Gilbert Arizona
    Anyone?

She is letting me giver her water but not eating on her own. Her poop it tiny and white with a little green.

She just keeps panting which is odd because she isn't over heated

3. Eggcessive

Eggcessive True BYC Addict Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    I would continue to give her fluids with electrolytes, and offer her some egg to eat. Also, I would give her some calcium in the form of a calcium tablet, a Tums, or crushed ground egg shells. Check inside her vent 1-2 inches for an egg, wearing a rubber glove and some lubricant. Feel of her crop especially in morning to make sure that it is emptying.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by