Help! My 5 yo scribbled on his face w/ a Sharpie!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by alaskan_crew, Jul 2, 2008.

1. alaskan_crew

alaskan_crew Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2007
    Wasilla, AK
    I'm sure my child isn't the only to do this (but then again it wouldn't surprise me) but he really did a # on his face. I mean circled his eyes, scribbled on his cheeks, chin, forehead. He almost looks like a dartboard w/ all the circles he made!

Anyways, he's supposed to be in a 4th of July parade and I can NOT get this off. I've tried baby soap, Clinique eye make-up remover and Clinique make-up remover and olive oil (I don't have any baby oil). Nothing has worked. The only other thing I found on-line was to use hair spray and I'm thinking that's not a good idea for his face.

Can anyone help???? BTW, I'd love to attach a pic of him but he won't let me come near him w/the camera. Maybe when he's sleeping, it would be a great one for the scrap book anyways!

2. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    i had heard finger nail polish remover works, have to be careful on the face...maybe with a q tip? I havent tried it, just heard of it.

3. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    [​IMG] SOrry I can't help.

Give him another color (or three) so he can make it look real nice, he'll be fine for the parade.... [​IMG]

4. LittleChickenRacingTeam

LittleChickenRacingTeam On vacation

Jan 11, 2007
    Ontario, CANADA
    They don't call them indelible markers for nothing

Ask him how he feels about wearing make-up.

5. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Quote:Ohhhhhhhhhh I wouldn't put that on a little face either. It would either BURN or just not be good AT all....

Perhaps wash off as much as possible, tonight, tomorrow a couple of times and Friday morning.....

Get some make up "cover up" stuff, just in case... rather make up than anything harsh!

6. Aneesa's Muse

Aneesa's Muse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    You could use the hairspray or the acetone (nail polish remover) with cotton balls, Q-tips ..as mentioned, or some soft tissue.

Just be sure to give him a good facial ..moisturizing cleanser and cream ...afterwards.

I agree, you can't be the only one ..but I don't recall my own children or my little brothers doing such [​IMG]

7. smpezzi

smpezzi Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2008
    Mid-Michigan
    Try toothpaste, not gel the white kind, if you don't have any you can try a bakingsoda paste. I can't remember how well it worked on the face when my kids did this I know it worked for the wall tho. Good luck

8. flakey chick

flakey chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2007
    Florida
    I would suggest the other route: Clown face white paint with red and blue decorations- Well it's a thought.

9. Cassandra

Cassandra Ranger Rick

Oct 27, 2007
    Southwest Mississippi
    I guess a picture would be out of the question...

I have a four year old with a life-time ban with markers because he writes all over himself and everything else with them. If I remember correctly, the stuff pretty much fades by the second good bath.

Only problem is, because it's his face, you can't really soak it. But I wouldn't have a problem spraying some hairspray on a rag and wiping his face with it to see if it will work. I've had nail polish remover and hairspray all over my hands (and hairspray in my face) it doesn't do any immediate damage. Unless he has some instant irritation which would indicate an allergy, you're probably safe in a quick wipe. Just wash it off ASAP.

I wouldn't get any closer to his eyes than his eyebrows, tho.

Good luck.

Cassandra

10. alaskan_crew

alaskan_crew Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2007
    Wasilla, AK
    I will try the toothpaste (Mentadent) and then the baking soda paste. Thanks.

Flakey chick, I just thought of the same thing, maybe I can paint a flag over his face!!! Also, the float he will be on is for his hockey team, so I could always make him wear his hockey helmet!!!! Lol!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by