help! my babies are dying!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by arleneforrest, Dec 22, 2016.

1. arleneforrest

arleneforrest New Egg

Nov 20, 2016
    I have lost 2 of my 7 silkie chicks, 1 i can understand the other not. i don't have time to wait for an answer on the forum. somebody with incubator and hatching and warmer boxing please call me. I'm Arlene. i can't take another babie gone. wont somebody help me please.

Edited by Staff

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2016
  2. arleneforrest

arleneforrest New Egg

Nov 20, 2016
    help! me

3. IdyllwildAcres

IdyllwildAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

So sorry you are losing chicks, and even sorrier that I am of no help:(

Hopefully someone who can help calls you

Im posting to bump up your post in hopes it gets noticed.

Gary from Idyllwild Ca here

4. IdyllwildAcres

IdyllwildAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

This shoud be in the emergency thread....

5. Molpet

Molpet Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2015
    N. Illinois
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2016
  6. EggSighted4Life

EggSighted4Life Overrun With Chickens

Hi, welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

Sorry you are having trouble. [​IMG]

How old are your chicks? Unfortunately loosing chicks a part of hatching....
    Did your incubator fail?

Will try to help more if I can.

Sorry for your loss. I have lost many shipped chicks. (more than 30, mostly bantam and spent 1 day extra in the mail.) It was very hard to not be able to help those precious cute babies. [​IMG]

7. arleneforrest

arleneforrest New Egg

Nov 20, 2016
    My 2 incubators are great, works perfect, the warming box stay about 95 at all times, there is a cooling box attached so they hop back and forth at will. the last one that died was still chirping and died in my hands. he had what i could only describe as snot coming out of his nose and mouth but that was only after he died. i have everything in my bedroom as i have had since the beginning, new mom and all, there are 3 grown people watching them constantly. this check died in less than 5 minutes. i wondered if the others trampled him, there were only 6 in the box and it is a big box with plenty on room to run around. he WAS healthy as a horse! suggestions please. i cry with each one. moma said don't name them so i call them chicken nuggets.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by