HELP my babies have really bad eye problem....

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by aurorarose25, Sep 2, 2009.

1. aurorarose25

aurorarose25 Songster

Jun 11, 2009
    Mesa, Az
    I am treating all of my eye problem chicks with vet rx, terrimycin, and rinsed out with saline solution. This one is the worst of them all, he has in between its eye and nose a large lump on both sides. How can I fix him??????

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. meriruka

meriruka Songster

Oct 18, 2007
    I've never seen that type of problem. Could it be sinus related?
    What kind of bedding are you using? Has anyone sprayed something near them that could be an irritant?

3. Burton Wyandotte 601

Burton Wyandotte 601 In the Brooder

Feb 24, 2009
    Georgia
    Hey, my little Mille Fleur has the same problem, where both of her eyes are puffy and swollen shut. i have no idea what the problem is but I hope someone finds out what it is soon. Sorry about your babbie [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 3, 2009
  4. aurorarose25

aurorarose25 Songster

Jun 11, 2009
    Mesa, Az
    The poor thing has died, I have no idea what it was but hopefully its not contagious..... [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. shandiane78

shandiane78 Songster

Jul 23, 2009
    Woodinville, WA
    So sorry. [​IMG] This could be a symptom of respiratory infection. Good luck!

6. spamee34

spamee34 Songster

Apr 17, 2009
    East Texas
    I don't know if this will help u but we had some like this and we just culled them later finding out u can give a chicken an injection so maybe u can talk to ur feed store see if they have injectables of antibiotics for poultry and go that rout if now it's bad ours lost their skin around their eyes were blind and we just culled em we even tried tetracyclin it didn't work . Sorry i am runnung on but it's late . I hope u the best of luck. Spamie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by