HELP !!!!!! MY BABY CHICK IS DYING!!!!! PLEASE ADVISE!!!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Aban, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Aban

Aban Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 22, 2013
    Pensacola Florida
    I dont know what is wrong with it,it wont drink or eat. it is VERY weak. It is barely breathing. It is less than one week old, we have them inside the house with a small heater in the room. One already died last night. I am not sure what to do. PLEASE ADVISE!!

2. Aban

Dec 22, 2013
    Pensacola Florida
    Iis Unnable to hold its head normal anymore, it is holding it way far back....didnt know if that info would be helpful

3. Aban

Dec 22, 2013
    Pensacola Florida
    nevermind....i lost her....thank you anyway

4. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member Project Manager

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    Sounds like an infection or maybe coccidiosis?

-Kathy

5. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member Project Manager

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    Sorry for your loss.

-Kathy

6. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

A heater in the room is not going to keep a chick warm enough.

1 person likes this.
  7. casportpony

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    Good catch! X2, chicks that young need it to be about 90-95 degrees it think, then minus 5 degrees each week. Don't quote me on that, just look it up. [​IMG]

-Kathy

8. Aban

Dec 22, 2013
    Pensacola Florida
    the room is at a steady 98...does anyone know what to do about pasty butt, because i think that has something to do with out loss. 2 of the 4 chicks are going good...but they are still getting poop stuck to their bottoms until we are having to wash them up, any suggestions??? Please

9. casportpony

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    That could mean they have coccidiosis. Treatment for coccidiosis is amprolium (Corid or Amprol).
    Corid and Amprol Dosing Information

-Kathy

10. casportpony

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    And just keep the butts clean. [​IMG]

-Kathy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by