HELP!!! My baby chick is limping/ can't walk!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Silkieworld, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Silkieworld

Silkieworld Out Of The Brooder

Feb 27, 2014
    Hi
    So I have six mille fleurs who are 6 days old. One of them named Piper has started to limp, she won't put her foot down. It just shakes as she holds it up! I am so nervous! She won't eat or drink unless I make her. She chirps constantly and won't stop:( Today I bought some Poly-Vi-Sol and gave her some on her beak to get at. I separated her last night and watched her. She fell asleep quickly and slept. Today I put her back with with rest and she's been laying down and chirping. I separate her to give her meds, but she hasn't got better yet. Let me remind you her foot is shaking and she won't put it down. Please tell me if you've had anything similar to this and what did you do?
    -Lauren

2. Romochickencrazy

Romochickencrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

First how are things going? Is she holding her leg out in front of her? I had a Silkie Rooster doing this and treated by sprinkling Tumeric powder on his food a little everyday. Tumeric is a natural antiimfamitory. Hope your hen gets better soon.

3. Silkieworld

Silkieworld Out Of The Brooder

Feb 27, 2014
    UPDATE: they turned out to a be silkies! I have three Roos and 3 girls! There 22 weeks old now and laying eggs!! Piper ( I ca him roosti) has been fine. I used poly-vis tol and in a couple days he was fine:) he is my favorite rooster!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by