1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Help! My baby polish has a bloody tow :(

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Justino, Apr 25, 2009.

1. Justino

Justino ♪♫ Rockin' Rooster ♪♫

Dec 21, 2007
    KY
    well, about a week ago i noted balls of poop stuck to my baby polish's toes, i thought it would just get it off itself but i was wrong. its still on there and now one of her toes has blood on it......... any idea on what i can do to get it off without hurting it? Thanks

2. tabatha_westcott

tabatha_westcott Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2009
    Maybe she's pecking at it? I picked up some day-olds from TSC who had little balls of poop on their toes. I just soaked their feet in some warm water to soften it up and they fell off. They're fine now.

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    stick its feet in warm water. That'll make the toe feel better... you can wrap it with a little neosporin bandaid and that would help too. Try and dry out your run and coop with some DE.

4. Justino

Justino ♪♫ Rockin' Rooster ♪♫

Dec 21, 2007
    KY
    well i soaked it in warm water and used tweesers to get it all off, man that lil toe was a bleeder too! hopefully she is all okay now [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by