HELP MY BANTAMS LEG IS HURT!!

first time farmer

Songster
11 Years
Dec 31, 2008
New Hampshire
I went out to the coop this am and my bantam hen was limping. I just put new standards in the coop yesterday could it have been one of them? She is about a year and a half old. Right now she is in a rubbermade in the basement with feed and water. She can walk but she does not want to put weight on her leg. It is her left leg if you are looking over her.

What do i do? Please help me help her she is my pet not one of the laying hens.

this same problem happened to me last week we separated her i think the rooster was trying to mate with her and she stepped to far out and it sprang her leg.......i gave her some vitamins ....and some terramycin just in case she is back out with the limp is better and she is now running try that and see how she does in a week

the vitamins may jumpstart the healing process ......it worked for my hen .......hope it does for yours ....you can get that at your local feed store ........it makes the water a tint of yellow

Local feed store where you get your feed .......its the small bag of vitamins and electroylites.......its only like 4 bucks for the bag.....it tells you how much to mix......i hope this works for you

:flyes they should .......it is also used for other livestock so they defiantly should .........they carry most of the same things a feed store does good luck.........

your welcome
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom