Help My big light sussex coqurel cant walk

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by cafedeparis, Dec 2, 2012.

1. cafedeparis

cafedeparis Out Of The Brooder

Dec 2, 2012
    Normandy France
    My Coop

Hello Im new here..
    This morning I let my chucks out and My big Coqurel just fell out the door normally he jumps or runs.
    He looked like his legs were just squashed..he wobbled around on his belly.pecking at the ground for food.
    I have looked at his legs no marks nothing?
    It was light when i let them out all 5 girls and a young male walked out fine but not him..im so worried.
    He is clucking and making his usual noises looks good in the face but his legs just wont work?
    Im quite new to keeping chickens but I have been in contact with them before so I know the basics but I dont know what this could be..so I joined this fabulous site..
    Could it be his spurs they are very long he walks with them fine normally with a bit of a strut but had never been a problem before.
    Please help me...
    kate x

2. cafedeparis

cafedeparis Out Of The Brooder

Dec 2, 2012
    Normandy France
    My Coop
    Me again..he is now walking..we have checked his legs no marks, he has one claw shorter than the others..
    but i have noticed by his beak looks a bit scruffy? the other hens seem to be flooweing the young male and not the big boy any more..could he be up-set?
    please any advice would help at this point

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by