HELP!! My black Banty hen attacked me other hen!! Her neck is bleeding and nasty!! HELP!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by bantychicken, Jan 3, 2014.

1. bantychicken

bantychicken Out Of The Brooder

Nov 30, 2013
    Salisbury, Maryland
    My black bantam hen Hope attack my amber colored bantam hen Dusty. Hope still hasn't accepted Dusty but it seemed like she was. My dad put them in the same area for the day and came home from work to Dustys neck nasty and bleeding. I don't know if there is an open wound or not because I'm not currently with my dad. He said she was hungry and ate but he didn't say anything about drinking. I need to know what to tell him to do with her neck. Does he need to clean it with something? Does he need to put something on it? Please help Dusty is my favorite hen and I couldn't bare to live without her!![​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
  2. ChucktheChick

ChucktheChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2012
    The coop
    I usually clean wounds with warm water. I then put some type of antibiotic cream like Neosporin and wait. If it's worse, clean it again and you might have to wrap it... See if any others can help you!

3. bantychicken

Nov 30, 2013
    Salisbury, Maryland
    Thank you for your advice! I'm such an animal lover and I love my chickens to death. They are like family to me and it kills me when one of them die.

4. ChucktheChick

Sep 24, 2012
    The coop
    Same here! If you need anymore help, I'd be glad to help you if you Private message me!

5. bantychicken

Nov 30, 2013
    Salisbury, Maryland
    Thank you so much!!

6. ChucktheChick

Sep 24, 2012
    The coop
    You're welcome. I'm glad to help.

7. redbudchix

redbudchix Out Of The Brooder

Mar 25, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    May I suggest using NuStock? I am never without it. You should be able to find it at a farm store. All it is, is sulfur and pine tar. It is a product for wounds and can be used on any animals...even cats! I had a bad, deep wound on a chicken this summer...so bad, I thought I would loose her. I slathered the NuStock into the wound, put her In a crate and watched her. In two weeks, I put her back out...you couldn't even tell she was wounded! That stuff is unlike anything I have ever used. Good luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by