Help!! My bunny's legs are lame!! UPDATE: She's gone :(

I agree with the broken back diagnosis-so sorry
sad.png
I also have raised a large number of rabbits, and it does happen. They can get to jumping around their cage and twist just wrong.

If you happen to have Dexamethasone or a steroid on hand you can attempt to treat for 24hrs and see if its just a pinch or swelling.. otherwise she really needs to be put down. Is she peeing or pooping?

Broke back was my other idea but i did not want to mention it cause i was hoping it was just a stuck foot or something simple
hope she gets better she is very pretty

I also agree with the broken back theory. Sad, but it happens so easily. I was at a show once when a Netherland Dwarf that had just one BOB had to be euthanized for the same reason. Poor bunny.

No, I haven't shown her or the buck that I have. I've only had them a few months, and they were very young when I got them.

She is not pooing and peeing on her own, when I picked her up to get her out of her cage the pee just ran right out of her.

She is still sitting in the bathtub. She hasn't attempted to move at all. I'm hoping that it is just swelling, but I doubt it. I'll have to put her back in her cage. I don't have any cages to keep her in inside. I'll put her down if she is not better tomorrow.

I waited 4 days before I put mine down.I tried all kinds of pain killers and inflammation meds but nothing worked,I could pick him up and he would just start using the bathroom. I hope your bunny just has a pinched nerve,she is really pretty.I had one named lady love that looked just like her.

ooh shelley!..i'm SO sorry to hear about your bunny!....
hit.gif
...i hope she recovers!..
fl.gif
....my thoughts are with you..
hugs.gif

This one's name is Juliette, the buck is Romeo
smile.png
They are just the sweetest little things! I need to find a box or something to keep her in, so I can keep her inside.

That is what she is doing, just going when I pick her up.
sad.png
She is not eating or drinking though. She was nowhere near her food and water yesterday, and when I put her by it she didn't act interested.

hit.gif
..it dosent sound good shelley...
sad.png
...do you know how to put her down in case you need to?....poor thing..
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom