Help, my chick is hurt

chicksak

Chirping
6 Years
Apr 25, 2013
Wasilla, AK
My 4 week old chick was pulled from her pen by our dog and appears to have blood within the feathers. The new feathers just above her bottom tail feathers. It looks like a little ball of skin is above the skin. I have no idea what to do for her. Please help! I have separated her from the other 3 as I know they will peck at it. Her eyes are open and resting on my lap, definatley a little jumpy. What should I clean it with, can I give her anything for pain as I'm sure she hurts.

chicksak

Chirping
6 Years
Apr 25, 2013
Wasilla, AK
I have cleaned it out the best I could using a qtip soaked with peroxide/water mix, then applied triple antibiotic ointment. Seperated her from the rest of the girls and she is resting on a blanket. She hasn't taken any food or water but think she is still in shock. I will dig up some asprine and see if I can't give her crumble. I don't want her in pain but don't want to stress her out even more either. I read on one of the threads someone gave their hen gatorade with added sugar to help break the shock, seems a little weird to me, anyone else try this? Will see if I can get a picture. Could the little fleshy looking balls be fat? Not sure what else I should do....

Top Bottom