HELP!!! My chicken ate bullets!!!!!!!!

KandJsmama

Chirping
10 Years
Jul 24, 2009
Enterprise (Las Vegas, NV)
My husband and sons were target shooting and one of her BSLs, Annie gobbled up a dropped bullet before we could pick it up. She then found two shells and ate them too! Can those pass through her system? Can we do anything to help her get them out? Am I going to lose my favorite chicken? Please help!

id also ask urself what the bullets are made of led would be bad
iv never knoticed any of our chikens eat the bullets from our pratice shots ... but if thay have it didnt kill them..i honestly dont have a clue as to what to do
i hope someone else has a better answer for you

They were lead
sad.png

you shuld keep a good eye on her lead poisoning could be a possible here perhaps someone knows how to make a chicken throwup

Last edited:
Something you may try doing is soaking some bread in olive oil (vegetable oil works as a quick fix too)... My roo was pooping out blood almost 2 weeks ago from something he at in the yard and I gave him break soaked really well in vegetable oil.. By next morning he had completely stopped bleeding and have seen no problems since... The bread will be a good treat and the oil will give the bullets lubrication so they can pass... Worth a try!

Goddess
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom