1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

HELP MY CHICKEN IS ABOUT TO HATCH!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by qnzchoe7, May 28, 2008.

1. qnzchoe7

qnzchoe7 Out Of The Brooder

May 9, 2008
    It is going to hatch today! what time will it hatch around? is it the time i put the egg inside last week? in about 3 weeks ago? is there suppose to be any signs tat they will hatch?

2. suebee

suebee Speaks Silkie Fluently

Apr 1, 2007
    N. Carolina
    huh?

3. kburen

kburen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    I THINK they are saying that today is 21 days so it is "supposed" to hatch but are asking is it going to and is there a way to tell.

Well...I can't answer but so well considering I'm only doing my first hatch myself...but today is day 21 but I don't think any of mine are going to hatch today. I haven't heard anything or seen anything yet and the other teacher who set hers the same day as me (as of not 2 hours ago) only had 1 or 2 pips out of 30 eggs.

4. qnzchoe7

qnzchoe7 Out Of The Brooder

May 9, 2008
    so do u see movement? and what time?

5. donnap1967

donnap1967 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2008
    Northern NJ
    Eggs can hatch anywhere from 21 days up to as many as 24 days from what I have read. Even if you see movement it's not a sure sign that they will hatch the same day.

The best way to tell if they will hatch soon is when you see that the egg has pipped and even then it can be 24 to 48 hours before they hatch completely. [​IMG]

I know it's terribly hard but try to be patient, keep the lid on the incubator and try to keep busy so you don't drive yourself completely insane. [​IMG]

Good luck with your babies!! [​IMG]

6. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

I have one pip on day 20 but I also have a Serama egg and they usually hatch a day earlier then the others. I have not seen NO movements from my little egg just seen then pip so far. There is not tell tale sign to know when it will hatch but you know after the pip and the zip it will be coming soon after [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by