Help my chicken is lonely!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Tracy the chick, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Tracy the chick

Tracy the chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2011
    Uk
    I have at nine week old sulkie/sussex who lost her friend 2 days ago.we tried to put her outside with some 11 weeks old chickens and they didnt want to know her, we also tried to put her with some younger ones and there were scared if her. She has sat two days on her own all she wants it to sit with us, we put her back in her cage and she just crys for us, what should we do!?

2. Darklingstorm

Darklingstorm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2011
    Durant, Oklahoma
    I would put her with the 11 week olds, it takes time for them to accept a new one. Might try leaving her cage where the others are and they can see her.

3. Cherstin

Cherstin Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2009
    North Port, FL
    Start her her "own" group, maybe, by taking one of the quieter 11 week olds and putting he or she with her for a few days. Maybe it will be easier to (re)introduce them as a pair than as a single?

Good luck!

4. Tracy the chick

Tracy the chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2011
    Uk
    Thank you, i think i will try the new group idea. We have 15 chickens in 1 group and 3 11 week old in 1 group. She is asleep with a teddy bear at the moment and has stopped crying. Thanks again ill let yoy know how she gets on tomorrow.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by