HELP!!! my chicken just ate my platinum nose ring...

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by BrianaBones, Mar 14, 2012.

1. BrianaBones

BrianaBones Out Of The Brooder

Mar 9, 2012
    Ventura, California
    please help me.. what are the chances that it i keep her isolated, that she will pass it? and does anyone know how long that will take?

it's a very small piece of metal, can chickens digest metal?

I don't know what to do. I'm contemplating chicken dinner just so that I can get my jewelry back. I know this seems superficial, but it's very very special to me. I had no idea that the chicken would be able to literally peck it off of my face!

I'm very serious, please don't mock me. again, I know this is a superficial concern, and I love my chicken, however I am having a crisis.

2. FireTigeris

FireTigeris Tyger! Tyger! burning bright

Keep her isolated and pick through her poop for a couple days- it should be through in one day... it may take more.

3. Gargoyle

Gargoyle Overrun With Chickens

Apr 13, 2011
    Fox Valley, IL
    My Coop
    And if you find it, don't let us know whether you reinsert in in your nose. [​IMG]

4. ThatChick

ThatChick Out Of The Brooder

Mar 10, 2012
    New Jersey
    [​IMG]

Seriously though, that sucks. I hope you find it. If she doesn't poop it out in a couple days I would imagine that it would still be inside her and retrievable.

This site has really decent prices on body jewelry, even platinum nose rings, if you just wanna replace it. www.painfulpleasures.com

5. valley ranch

valley ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm thinking it will stay in the gizzard. If you want it that's where you'll find it. Let us know ~

6. MCI

MCI Out Of The Brooder

Sep 14, 2011
    Bryceville, FL
    Odds are it will remain in the gizzard. The longer it remains the more worn it will become.

7. BrianaBones

Mar 9, 2012
    Ventura, California
    well, I've taken all of the bedding out of her cage area so that I can sort through poop. I'm thinking if it doesn't come out today or tomorrow, it's dissection time.

this is why having custom made jewelry is annoying. I cant even take it out myself without a tool! apparently chicken beak is also a very effective jewelry removal tool.

8. Gargoyle

Gargoyle Overrun With Chickens

Apr 13, 2011
    Fox Valley, IL
    My Coop
    Are you certain she actually swallowed it? If she dropped it or it jumped when she snapped it off, it could have rolled into a corner and be hard to find.

9. BrianaBones

Mar 9, 2012
    Ventura, California
    im pretty sure. I was standing on a tile floor. its not there. believe me I looked.

10. Jessie66

Jessie66 Out Of The Brooder

May 11, 2011
    Prince George, BC
    Just wondering if your nose ring ever showed up?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by