1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Help my chickens are sneezing!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by lillydaisy, Feb 3, 2013.

1. lillydaisy

lillydaisy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2013
    Queensland Australia
    Why are all my chickens sneezing and have runny noses? Most are about 2-3 months old[​IMG]

2. Harry Rooster

Harry Rooster Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] How long have you had the chicks? Have you just gotten them, or were they raised by your hens? What other symptoms do they have, diarreha, won't eat or drink, eyes looking off to the side with pupils not straight, standing alone fluffed up not doing much? From the many problems I've had lately with my chicks that started sneezing and runny nose, I've learned that these symptoms can be the same in many diseases. Since they are relatively young chicks (pullets) it could make a difference if you have just gotten them and put them in a pen where you had other chickens, or previously had other chickens. If this is the case, it could be Coccidiosis a parasite that they've picked up? Folks would probably need to know more information before they could make an educated guess. What else can you tell us about them and how long have they had any symptoms?

3. lillydaisy

Feb 2, 2013
    Queensland Australia
    They have come from our markets and we have had them since before christmas[​IMG] and they don't have any of the symptoms that you have discribed? Weired[​IMG]

4. lillydaisy

Feb 2, 2013
    Queensland Australia
    They are alright now[​IMG]

5. Harry Rooster

Harry Rooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Glad to hear that. Maybe they were just having a reaction to something in the enviornment. Hope they continue to do well. [​IMG]

6. lillydaisy

Feb 2, 2013
    Queensland Australia
    Yes thanks for the help[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by