Help! my dad doesn't want to get chickens!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by ZuulLanceMaster, Sep 22, 2010.

1. ZuulLanceMaster

ZuulLanceMaster Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2010
    California
    Iv'e been searching for a chicken to get breed for MONTHS and i kept asking my dad for help me out w/it and he just says "you can do it. i trust you." [​IMG]
    so I find a breed that I LOVE and that my pet store carries: the Speckled Sussex. [​IMG]
    I keep bugging dad and his girlfreind (who i adore) to go w/me to get the chickens, but dad kept shrugging it off and going back to facebook! [​IMG]
    it's now or never that i get them! so I asked dad if we could get 'em today, and he said: "not today. MAYBE tomorrow, most likely Friday." [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I DONT THINK THAT THEY'LL BE THERE ON FRIDAY!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I go to my Mom's on Sun. and stay till Wed, and dad's too busy to deal w/chicken intergration when i'm not there! [​IMG]
    I WANT CHICKENS SOOO BAD!!! i've been saving up my money for buying some! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    WHAT DO I DO????

2. Whitehouse Quail

Whitehouse Quail Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    Michigan
    If you have money, say you'll take him out to lunch or something. [​IMG] I'd cave.

3. ZuulLanceMaster

Sep 10, 2010
    California
    K, maybe i'll try that. thanks.
    Ya know, i'd just stay at my mom's if it weren't for the pets, houseplants, and Dad's girlfreind, Deina!

Last edited: Sep 22, 2010
  4. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I know it's difficult to think this way, but there will be other chicken chances in the future! So don't stress out too much over not getting them right now. I've been there before though, so it's sooo difficult to see things in this light when you want something right away!

5. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Hmmm, I see a problem in your situation. You want to get chickens in the next few days and then you're going to be gone for 4 days, starting Sunday? Uhm, it takes more than few days to get chickens settled in and they will need care several times a day. How old are the Sussex you want? Do you want them as pets or livestock? Who is going to care for them, since your Dad is too busy?

Are you going to be gone to your Mom's house often? What plans do you have for when you all leave town for a holiday or vacation? Do you have a very secure coop and run? Someone to take care of them if needed?

Not trying to be a downer, but getting chickens is like getting any other critter, it's a serious responsibility. Make sure you can handle it all. Good luck, the Sussex are quite pretty!

6. ZuulLanceMaster

Sep 10, 2010
    California
    k i'll remember that. thanks. [​IMG]

7. ZuulLanceMaster

Sep 10, 2010
    California
    Quote:I all ready have chickens and there doin well. (5 yrs old though!
    I want 'em some where before the REALLY start laying.
    I want to breed them, and use em as livestock.
    my dad can only make sure that they have enough food and water.
    i go to my Mom's every week.
    we have chicken-owning neighbors who love to help us.
    I do have a good coop.

8. ZuulLanceMaster

Sep 10, 2010
    California
    also, i was thinking that intergration would probably be fine.
    the old hens will have trouble chasing after the pullets, the pullets will probably be scared of the hens, and once the rooster figures out that the pullets are females, he'll be like "Heck Yeah!"

9. ZuulLanceMaster

Sep 10, 2010
    California
    I'm really afraid that i won't be able to EVER get new chickens 'cause of my whole back -n- forth lifestyle! at least my mom and dad live close together!

10. ZuulLanceMaster

Sep 10, 2010
    California
    Wahoooo!!!!! Upsetting thing happened to me today and to cheer he up, Dad took me out, and bought chickens!!!!!!
    I just can't express how ABSOLUTLEY WONDERFULL they are!!!!
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]:[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 25, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by