help! my duck has got out!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by animalloverabh, Nov 13, 2010.

1. animalloverabh

animalloverabh Allons-y, Alonso

okay, she is in a neighbors field, how do i get her out??

2. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    Is she friendly to you? How old is she and how long have you had her? does she free range or is she used to being locked up at night?

It might just be a waiting game where she is tasting freedom but will come back to be with the flock soon or when feeding time is.

3. chickensducks&agoose

chickensducks&agoose Chillin' With My Peeps

i usually make a U shape of fence, and then get my sheepdog to help me herd her in... but a small child or 2 will do just as well.

4. animalloverabh

no she isnt friendly unless she is calm, but she is only calm when she is with the rest of her flock. she is a year old and can fly. she is a muscovy duck that in her last home used to free range in the morning and go into a stable at night. i have had her in a avary, but she flew out. And i dont think that the ushape thingy would work, as she can fly..
    thanks for replying!!

5. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    You might just have to wait for her to come home. how long have you had her? muscovies, as you know, are excellent flyers and i know i cant catch a loose female unless she comes home and i can corner her or just herd her into the enclosure. Are you familiar with muscovies vs. mallard derived breeds? Scovies are a breed of their own and a whole lot more intelligent than regular domstic breeds.

6. knjinnm

knjinnm Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2010
    Sandia Park, NM
    Quote:Wait till dark, grab her by the neck and give her a good talking too ... then clip her flight feathers.
    Joe

7. animalloverabh

i have had her for about a year now, i am scared she might not come home, as all of our neigbors also have ducks. im not that familiar with her breed.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by