HELP my duckling is floping and cant stand up! URGENT HELP.

coolguy221822

Songster
6 Years
Apr 7, 2015
One of my ducklings started flopping and now he cant stand up! What is wrong whith him. Will he live. PLEASE HELP.
I think she might of broke her neck!
she cant stand up.

One of my ducklings started flopping and now he cant stand up! What is wrong whith him. Will he live. PLEASE HELP.
I think she might of broke her neck!
she cant stand up.
Did she fall for something or accidently get dropped? take a towel and make it into a donut place your duckling down into the towel head up this will support your duckling till you can calm down and we try and figure out whats going on. Tell us exactly what happened how old is your duckling too?

Okay, I use this net to pick them up when its time to go in. I think he might of hit his head when he ran away. he started flopping. He cant move now. He is breathing normal. PLZ help.

Okay, I use this net to pick them up when its time to go in. I think he might of hit his head when he ran away. he started flopping. He cant move now. He is breathing normal. PLZ help.
I'm sorry other than keeping him in a secure place and watch to see if he recovers I'm not sure what else can be done. Supportive help right now just don't let any other ducklings be with him till you know if he is going to recover or he may get trampled on and injured worse. Breathing normal is a good sign where do you have him?

Out side in a bin with the towel doughnut. Should I give water to him through a dropper.
I would not give him water with a dropper. Hold the water dish up to his mouth and let him drink. Have you given him electrolites? Hold the food dish up to his mouth also. Try to let him eat and drink on his own. You may have to hold him while he eats and drinks.

Patty

Back
Top Bottom