Help!! My ducks dieing!! :( Update... It's dead or very close to it

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by LindseyM12, Jan 14, 2011.

1. LindseyM12

LindseyM12 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    North Carolina
    Well I have a egg in the bator and it was due on the 13 and it didn't hatch so I candled it and it wasn't moving so I opened it up from the top and broke a little place in the air cell and its alive!! [​IMG] [​IMG] What do I do?!?! Its bleeding and I think it might be dieing! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] HELP!!

Last edited: Jan 14, 2011
  2. oesdog

oesdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2010
    Ireland
  3. LindseyM12

May 4, 2009
    North Carolina
    Ok, I dont think this is normal! The egg yolk is near the the top and I think the bill is too!! HELP!!

4. BHep

BHep Overrun With Chickens

Nov 20, 2010
    Faison, NC
    I would put the egg back in the bator. The duckling needs to absorb the yoke. I am sure someone will get on and tell you what you need to do. Good Luck [​IMG]

5. LindseyM12

May 4, 2009
    North Carolina
    But how can it absorb if its in the wrong place?? [​IMG]

6. TheNewMrsEvans

TheNewMrsEvans Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2008
    Big Sur, CA
    They are all balled up in their egg...the yolk is attached under it's bum, but if he's folded in half then his bum could be by his head! Keep the egg in the bator and try to keep the humidity up so he wont get shrink wrapped...there is still hope...

7. LindseyM12

May 4, 2009
    North Carolina
    UPDATE! I found it's bill and and I VERY gently pulled it out so the poor thing could breathe and got part of it's body out and I think this egg was a double yolker.... You can see its 2 different yolks by that little bit of red/pink stuff... I might try to get a picture of it separated if its even possible... I feel so bad about the poor baby.. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Heres a pic.... If you dont like gross stuff then i suggest you dont look... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 14, 2011
  8. Suzie

Suzie Overrun With Chickens

Jul 9, 2009
    Auvergne
    How's your baby doing - you have fought so hard to help it along - hope it survives thanks to your valiant efforts!

Suzie

9. gofasterstripe

gofasterstripe Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] I hope it all turns out well for you. I read the link oesdog put up and did what it told me. I also had a shrink wrapped chick. Good Luck with your baby

10. K9Carrie

K9Carrie Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2010
    Lodi, California
    Oh I am hoping your little one makes it! [​IMG] [​IMG] Please keep us informed.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by