Help! My eggs are exploding!

Kkaye016

Hatching
6 Years
Jun 16, 2013
This is my first year at hatching turkey eggs. I have 13 successful hatches... but have just now ran into a problem: exploding eggs.

Now, I have been searching online EVERYWHERE for a reason behind exploding eggs. Some people mention them but it never goes beyond "watch for bad eggs, they could explode and contaminate everything!"
I have candled, but I thought I lost all my eggs. today is only day 25 and I have already had 5 chicks hatch and 3 explode- all eggs are the same age!

How are some bad enough to explode while others are hatching beautifully?

When I candle them, the eggs have a dark mass and the air bubble. good to go, right? well, Im sure I have bad eggs, but what will they look like? So far all the eggs look the same when I candle them. When I wiggle the eggs slightly, I can hear "water" or liquid sounds swishing around. I am assuming those eggs are no good.. but I am afraid to toss anything for fear of killing a chick on accident!

I know I should go and look deep into the old threads, but my chicks are hatching now, and I need help!!

PLEASE help! I don't know what to do!

Thank you!

This is my first year at hatching turkey eggs. I have 13 successful hatches... but have just now ran into a problem: exploding eggs.

Now, I have been searching online EVERYWHERE for a reason behind exploding eggs. Some people mention them but it never goes beyond "watch for bad eggs, they could explode and contaminate everything!"
I have candled, but I thought I lost all my eggs. today is only day 25 and I have already had 5 chicks hatch and 3 explode- all eggs are the same age!

How are some bad enough to explode while others are hatching beautifully?

When I candle them, the eggs have a dark mass and the air bubble. good to go, right? well, Im sure I have bad eggs, but what will they look like? So far all the eggs look the same when I candle them. When I wiggle the eggs slightly, I can hear "water" or liquid sounds swishing around. I am assuming those eggs are no good.. but I am afraid to toss anything for fear of killing a chick on accident!

I know I should go and look deep into the old threads, but my chicks are hatching now, and I need help!!

PLEASE help! I don't know what to do!

Thank you!
Bacteria has penetrated the shell. should probably have dipped in disinfectant solution prior to incubating.

(I didn't like doing that at first either)

RobertH

Thank you all!
I just re candled the eggs, and I can see the embryo... The other day, I could see nothing but a dark mass, and now I see a head and body. Its more defined. I see no movement, and no veins- both are normally lacking when I candle my eggs. They are due to hatch any time.. so I hope these remaining 4 eggs will hatch nicely!

Thank you so much!

Back
Top Bottom