*HELP* my favorite chick cant open her eye!!!*pic*

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by chicken head34, Aug 3, 2010.

1. chicken head34

chicken head34 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2010
    middleburg
    [​IMG]
    Okay, this has been going on for about 2 days at first i just thought she got something in it but she hasnt open it!!! it dosent look puffy, just alittle bit wet. Can i give her something??? Or is it perminent??? i hope u can tell in the pic. she acts normal, but kinda cautions about her eye. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!SHES MY FAVORITE!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

2. SpeckledHills

SpeckledHills Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2008
    Idaho/Utah
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2010
  3. MysticScorpio82

MysticScorpio82 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Maine, USA
    Did she get a little scratch in her eye or some other irritant I wonder... Because it is just alittle wet, and not mucus I would rule out illness as a cause. I recommend using a cotton ball and weak tea to clean the eye area daily. The tea will help to heal, and by cleaning up any wetness, it will help keep the eye lid unglued. Also if it is being caused by an injury, then I would add a couple of drops of PolyViSol baby vitamins a day in the beak for a week. You can find these vitamins right at walmart in the baby aisle. I wish you the best! [​IMG]

*edited for spelling

Last edited: Aug 3, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by