Help ...my Guinea Eggs Are Not Hatching....

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by david's grammy, Apr 22, 2011.

1. david's grammy

david's grammy Out Of The Brooder

Apr 7, 2011
    I have 41 guineas eggs in lock down,They ent in wed.about 5pm. ! hatched with no proble. Others are just sitting there ...no pips or anything. I hatch in egg cartons and it as worked in the past. Bumped my humidity up at lock down, but last nite no mist on the viewing windows, so when I removed the 1 lonely keet, I added more wet sponges and now they is mist on the viewing screens.i cut the egg cartons down some, so if they pipped at the side it should still work..... MAYBE THEY HAVE DIED IN THE SHELL....BOO HOO. I candled at lock down and everything looked great. I had candled at day 10 and then at day 18 removing infertile and quitter then. wondering what has happened. I have Little Gaint incubators. I removed both vent plugs for air circulation......HELP.... I pray I have not lost the whole batch......[​IMG]

2. fishman65

fishman65 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2009
    flat rock
    what day are you on? Keep plugs in to keep humidity level up. guineas usually take all 28 days to hatch.

3. david's grammy

david's grammy Out Of The Brooder

Apr 7, 2011
    I took out the plugs I will put them back...I am at day 27... one hatched on the 25th day...and one I hear peeping, then stop..died in shell, not pip or anything.... I have the humidity at about (90% right now ...40 eggs in...I candled at lock down and they looked great...I hatch in eggcartons and have always been successful at that... I have always had a few died in the shell, but i think all of these are gone........... : (

4. Slow Turtle

Slow Turtle New Egg

Jun 23, 2014
    Having the same problems with guinea eggs (sometimes turkeys too). A boat load of eggs, only a couple hatch. The rest have died in the shell right at pipping. No abnormalities except that they are dead. Fully formed, yolk sac partially absorbed. Some with blood membrane, others clear. Temp and humidity correct.
    Driving me nuts.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by