Help! My guy is not feeling well.

thechickenfarmer

Songster
13 Years
Jan 11, 2007
Connecticut
My 5 month old Salmon Faverolle cockerel has not been doing well the last couple of days. Two days ago I noticed he was outside very little and sitting down most of the time. Yesterday he didn't go out at all. His comb is very pale also. I noticed 2 days ago that his poo was greenish yellow on his bottom and not solid. I was just looking at the other post about the "sleepy hen" and now I'm thinking it sounds similar. Are worms a possibility is a chicken so young? When I checked him this morning he was sitting and didn't get up. Help, any advice would be apreciated. Jen

Hi, I'm not sure what might be wrong but do you have some Vitamin & electrolite powder? May help him get some strength back. Or maybe some sugar water.
I guess maybe worms could be the problem I don't know for sure.
Hopefully someone else can give ya some better advice.
Hope you roo gets to feeling better, Miriam

Last edited:
I would suggest seperateing him from the others....and trying to get a fecal sample, to take to the vet. If it is worms....he will be able to tell you exactly what to use, and will probably have to do ALL of your chickens. Try the Electrolyte water supplement. Should perk him up a little. Good luck, and let us know!

OMG I'm so sorry.
hugs.gif
I had a hen die a fews days ago, it's tough
sad.png

You might keep an eye out on the rest of your flock for awhile.

Once again sorry for your loss,
Miriam

Thanks everyone,
The girls all look fine. I really don't know enough about chickens to know what can kill so quickly. He seemed healthy just a couple of days ago.

Oh, I'm so sorry for your loss. A lot of times birds in general--not just chickens--don't seem to show they're not feeling well until they're very badly off. It makes it hard to help them get better because sometimes you barely have time to even realize they're sick, much less figure out what's wrong. I lost a little parakeet that way, once.

sad.png

Back
Top Bottom