Help! My hampster excaped! Where could he be?!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by DUCKGIRL89, Nov 11, 2011.

1. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    My hampster fuzzy is a very good excape artist! And he got out for the third time he has gotten out! If you were a hampster where would you hide?

2. thekid

thekid Chillin' With My Peeps

Under the fridge

3. kimisfishing

kimisfishing Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2011
    Branson Missouri
    I have found them in the heat vents and bsement of the house I used to put out a jar of food laying on it's side and they would always go to it LOL

4. Newwell

Newwell Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Check in the cereal cabinet. My DD's was hiding in a box of Cheerios. Scared the &*%T out of me. [​IMG]

5. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Glass cages with locking lids... 90% of "hamster habitats" are just garbage and escape prone.

It'll probably be in a corner under fridge/couch/oven or in the closet.

I've lost a hamster or two in the decade and a half I've had and bred them.

6. ambrosia

ambrosia Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2011
    Grab an ice cream pail... tape a ruler at a slant to the outside... they cant help but jump in if their fave food inside! my daughters hamster used to get out of his state-of-the-art super expensive cage all the time... Put it in the room he/she was last in... near a wall...

7. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    We had one escape once upon a time, never did find that thing. Another one we found (months later [​IMG]) under the floor boards when dad was replacing the dining room floor

8. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Mine always went in the closet and hid in a shoe.

Make sure all the rat traps are not set and get all the rat poison out of reach.

Good luck with your search!

9. bock

bock Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Northern CA
    I hope you find the little guy! The one time my sister's hampster escaped, the cats found him before we did. [​IMG] Not a pretty sight to wake up to. [​IMG]

10. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    If I were a hamster, I would find a hole and then tunnel between the sheet rock and make a warm nest with bedding stolen from the sofa. At night I would venture out and glean feed from the dog's bowl - taking it back to my storage area. I would drink from the sink.

If you have an exercise wheel, place it along one of the walls. If the hamster locates it, he will start running in the wheel. Been there done that. A squeeky wheel is best so that you know when the hamster is exercising.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by