Help my hen become a momma!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by momma's chickens, Sep 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. momma's chickens

momma's chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2008
    Idaho
    I have a hen that has been broody for seven weeks and I can't break her of it and now there is another one. I am looking for eggs at a very reasonable price. I have posted on my local Craig Lists and no response. Please let me know what you would be willing to send me and how much. My dh says I have spent my money on hatching eggs this year but he can be easily convinced! [​IMG]

For shipping costs my zip code is 83545. Thanks!

Last edited: Sep 2, 2009
  2. cjexotic

cjexotic Cj's Mandarin Ducks

Mar 11, 2008
    Central PA
  3. Barnyard

Barnyard Addicted to Quack

Aug 5, 2007
    Southwest Georgia
    What are you interested in....LF or Bantam?

4. momma's chickens

Mar 10, 2008
    Idaho
    Sorry, large fowl!

5. momma's chickens

Mar 10, 2008
    Idaho
    Cjexotic, thanks but I am afraid the silkies would get beat up with my large chickens. They might not, I don't know, but afraid they would and they are so cute!

6. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Are you looking for purebreds or mutts?? I could do 6 Easter Eggs for $15.00 shipped.

7. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    You should try to find day-old chicks for the one that has been setting 7 weeks already. Trying to get her to set another 3 weeks is asking a lot. She could quit setting halfway through, or make herself very sick.

If you are looking for mixed breed, I can send 6+ LF mixed eggs for $10. I also have RIR that should be pure, but they do free range. Those would be $12 for 6+.

Good luck with your broodies!

8. momma's chickens

Mar 10, 2008
    Idaho
    Shelley, I have actually two broody and so if that one quits setting then I can stick them all under the other one or put them in my incubator.

I am looking for day old chicks but can't find any around here and no local eggs either. I am not sure what to do with the heat in the 90s and the holiday week-end!

9. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    I can send a dozen "mutt" eggs for $15 if you want them. The main roo is an EE, but they're exposed to a BC Marans, BO, & BR roo while free ranging. The girls are EE, Silkie/EE, RIR, & Blue Rock.

10. momma's chickens

Mar 10, 2008
    Idaho
    Found some thanks!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by