HELP my hens dont age the act like pullets eat like pullets and lay like pullets

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by chookhead, Jan 26, 2012.

1. chookhead

chookhead Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2011
    my hens lay everyday and eat all the time and their eggs are still small btu just before they take like a break from laying eggs thier eggs become big
    it seems like they never get to the stage of being big just get slowly bigger till the have a break then when they restart laying the egg is small again like a pullet

2. Kittyf

Kittyf Chillin' With My Peeps

How old are they? You know, the seasons affect laying too - as, it seems, nearly everything does!

3. chookhead

chookhead Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2011
    i have had them fro 2 yrs from the time they were pullets and they lay like this all yr round
    also i have this hen she is an egg factory she hasnt stopped laying and when she does its for 2-3 days then starts again

also she was laying eggs even while she was broody butt hen she evetually stopped i got her fertilsed eggs and put them under her and she was a fantastic broody and mother and almost exactly 40 days after the hatching she was back lang and now she lays evryday and the weather is horrible where i am its raining and she is in the rain looking for worms etc. i have no idea wat breed or type lol but i got her from a factory

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by