Help! My hen's intestines coming out her back end??

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by MizuRenkinjutsu, Jul 13, 2011.

1. MizuRenkinjutsu

MizuRenkinjutsu New Egg

Jul 13, 2011
    There's a fleshy pink thing coming out of my hen's rear end. She's spacing out a lot and doesn't seem to want to eat. Her eyes are often half closed. And the flies are relentless! How can I help her?? Just found her like this this morning.

2. Meghalu

Meghalu Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2011
    The Okanagan
    Sounds like a prolapse. Do a search on prolapse, it is a fairly common problem so there should be lots of info on the forum.

3. MizuRenkinjutsu

MizuRenkinjutsu New Egg

Jul 13, 2011
    Thanks so much!

4. MizuRenkinjutsu

MizuRenkinjutsu New Egg

Jul 13, 2011
    Okay she's acting very strange. I tried to push it back in with some lubricant and she'll kind of sit down on my hand while I'm doing it and close her eyes and fluff up. It'll go back in a little but after about a minute she pushes it back out again. We've gone through this about four times.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. MizuRenkinjutsu

MizuRenkinjutsu New Egg

Jul 13, 2011
    I have pictures but they're not showing up... I'm really a newbie to the whole forum thing

6. mconro

mconro Out Of The Brooder

Jul 3, 2010
    Call your vet!!!

7. Whiskey Bay

Whiskey Bay Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Your trying to post just from your computer.You have to post them here on the site(but you'll have to make more posts before your allowed that),or to an image hosting site like photobucket then paste the link here.

8. MizuRenkinjutsu

MizuRenkinjutsu New Egg

Jul 13, 2011
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. MizuRenkinjutsu

MizuRenkinjutsu New Egg

Jul 13, 2011
    Oh my gosh I just found some small maggot-like bugs crawling around on my hen's rear-end. Looks like something laid some eggs and now they're hatched. PLEASE HELP!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by