HELP My Hens Will Not Lay!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by bigg, Dec 5, 2011.

1. bigg

bigg Out Of The Brooder

Jun 15, 2010
    Tullahoma, TN
    Ive already done the following, but only two of the hens are laying:

Put Amino-Acid pills in their water; idk why just saw it on special egg supplements.

Cayene Peppers in their water or food to stimulate bodily functions

siberian root vitamins in water to give them a boost of energy

pottasium pills in their water to help them eliminate toxins in their systems

I really need any infromation on how i can make my hens lay more!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Dec 5, 2011
  2. ChickenMack

ChickenMack Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2011
    It's winter, they take a vacation. You can try a light but really, don't they deserve a rest? You will get better production throughout the year if you let them do what their bodies were designed to do...rest.

3. beach livin'

beach livin' Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2011
    Manteo
    how old are they? OH, i just reread and saw that they have been laying allready. sorry, my bad.

4. bigg

bigg Out Of The Brooder

Jun 15, 2010
    Tullahoma, TN
    They havent been laying for awhile now probably about two or three months. I forgot to put that i have put a light in also.

5. stone_family3

stone_family3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    Ohio
    Since we've been getting all this rain my girls have only been giving me one egg a day (I have 5 full grown). I have found that if I feed them a cup of yogurt that I usually get two eggs the next day. My EE hasn't laid in 2 months.

6. bigg

bigg Out Of The Brooder

Jun 15, 2010
    Tullahoma, TN
    I love that video. Try giving them some probiotic and niacin. That will help to regulate their digestive system thats what it sounds like the yoggurts doing. Also, do they have access to fresh grass and plants.

7. ChicKat

ChicKat Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Is there a possibility that your chickens may have gotten worms. Do you worm on a regular schedule?

8. bigg

bigg Out Of The Brooder

Jun 15, 2010
    Tullahoma, TN
    Yes i wormed them about two months ago, and they arent showing any signs of being wormy. Does anyone have anything they put in their chickens water when they arent laying

9. cackleberrycoop

cackleberrycoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2010
    Montana
    How long have you had them on a light and what kind of light are we talking about (red vs white)? Is it on a timer so that it isn't being turned on and off at different times each day - consistency is pretty key as well.

10. bigg

bigg Out Of The Brooder

Jun 15, 2010
    Tullahoma, TN
    Ive had them on a light for about a month. Its a white light, and no its not on a timer.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by