Help!! My kids hand raised baby pullet got attacked

Saltysunshine79

In the Brooder
Jun 3, 2020
I'm honestly not sure what did it, but I'm assuming a dog. The babies squeezed through the fence and when I couldn't find them we ran yo look and there she lay with her wing all weird. I picked her up and she had blood all over her legs. I checked behind her neck 1st assuming it was probably one of my neighbors stray cats but I didn't see any injuries and that's when I looked on her lower body and seem to puncture holes ,1 is really bad.
A bubble came out of it that I popped and I initially thought she may have had a punctured lung However after closer inspection it seems to be too low for a long and I'm wondering if it's a ruptured air sac. It definitely has to be a dog because it's the middle of the day in the holes are quite large. I cleaned up the area with iodine and a surgical scrub and then I put colloidal silver on it in & a bandage over it.
I put her in a box wrapped in a soft blanket with a heating pad on low. I'm at a loss. Do I put her out if her misery, if so then how. I LOVE animals and don't know if I can do it but can't stand to see suffering. Is there anything else I can do for her.

Back
Top Bottom