Help!! my ladies were attacked!

Discussion in 'Geese' started by shady acres flock, Jun 10, 2011.

1. shady acres flock

shady acres flock New Egg

Jun 10, 2011
    On Wednesday afternoon my geese were attacked in thier run. I found Gladis headless and with out her neck. Gertrude has a bite/scratch wound on her back. I cleaned that up and have been putting some neosporone on it.
    Is there anything else I can do for her? She is barely eating and doesn't want to be outside by herself and crys when I leave here. I can't decide if she is hurting or really depressed that her sister is gone and now she is all alone.
    Also what whould have gotten at them? It appears that nothing went under the fence so it would have had to go over. The fence is four foot high. And there are two big trees in there run that makes it hard for a hawk to get at them. They are about 10 weeks old and are big girls already.

2. flnatv

flnatv Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2011
    West Tennessee
    My dogs can easily jump a 4ft fence.
    You might want to look up the dosage for aspirin. It may help settle her...

3. ceth_k

ceth_k New Egg

Jun 9, 2011
    So sorry to hear that. This is the kind of nightmare that i wish will never happen to my ducks.

4. theron

theron Theron's Fowl Farm

Nov 15, 2009
    Midland, MI
    Oh, sorry to hear that! [​IMG] It might be a good idea to find a friend for Gertrude. Hopefully she gets better.. [​IMG]

5. shady acres flock

shady acres flock New Egg

Jun 10, 2011
    Thanks for all the kind thoughts. I am going to get a duck or two tomorrow to keep her company. Hopefully that will cheer her up.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by