1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Help my little rooster has green feet and his nails are bleeding!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Chiko, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Chiko

Chiko Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2010
    Orem, Utah.
    He started fine but yesterday I noticed him sitting most of the time I checked his feet and they are a light green color on the bottom side [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Plus last night I went in to take a picture of a hen we will be selling today and I went and checked his feet while I was there and both of his middle nails were red I felt worried and went inside to ask what to do but we were heading out to visit a sick friend so my grandmother said she'll see when we get back. when we got back they were not bleeding anymore so I just wiped them and he was fine but today they are very bloody and gross WHATS WRONG WITH HIM AND WHAT DO I DO!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

2. Louieandthecrew

Louieandthecrew I am actually a female!

I don't know what to say, but I'll help you bump this up on the list for some good advice [​IMG]

3. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    I do not know either. But I too will help you bump this. Good luck hope and pray all goes well. [​IMG]

4. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    First of all you need to fill out the sticky so we can get all information pertaining to your rooster. Thanks

5. welasharon

welasharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2010
    North Florida
    You could try soaking them in epsom salts to start with. Pics would help too
    sharon

6. dragonlair

dragonlair Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2008
    Maine
    How cold has it been, could he have gotten frostbite on his feet?

7. Chiko

Nov 25, 2010
    Orem, Utah.
    It has been really cold and he likes to step on the snow a lot. I'm sorry we have no USB cord so I can't post pics I'm sorry I guess it's no use posting that since I dont have pics ;/

8. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    How is he acting otherwise does he have any other symptoms besides his feet?

9. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    Do a search for both leg mites and frostbite and see if anyone has pictures posted that look like your boy.
    Since you can't post pictures, maybe looking at someone else's will help you figure out what it is and how best to treat it.
    Good luck!

10. Chiko

Nov 25, 2010
    Orem, Utah.
    He's very wimpy and somewhat scronny and scared of everyone else plus he walks with crossed feet.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by