help my month old rooster is not very nice

Tjackson84

Chirping
Apr 21, 2021
Hey everyone!!!
my rooster that is not so nice( he was very nice until recently) we had him and 6 other birds in together before they went into the big coop one of them was a leghorn they got along great when they were in a smaller space together now that rooster goes after her and he's mean throws her around and when she gets away he will look for her again after he pokes at all the other chicks. So we took him out last night and tried to do it again this morning and he did the same thing so we brought him back inside. He is so young so i dont want to give up on him but i don't want him to be mean to all my birds because the silkies are so little and hes big already. I have water and food in all the corners and one in the middle and enough heat lamps. It just doesn't make much sense because they have always been together the one he keeps going after and its not another rooster but she is pretty big for a pullet. any suggestions? or should i find someone that wants him?

Hey everyone!!!
my rooster that is not so nice( he was very nice until recently) we had him and 6 other birds in together before they went into the big coop one of them was a leghorn they got along great when they were in a smaller space together now that rooster goes after her and he's mean throws her around and when she gets away he will look for her again after he pokes at all the other chicks. So we took him out last night and tried to do it again this morning and he did the same thing so we brought him back inside. He is so young so i dont want to give up on him but i don't want him to be mean to all my birds because the silkies are so little and hes big already. I have water and food in all the corners and one in the middle and enough heat lamps. It just doesn't make much sense because they have always been together the one he keeps going after and its not another rooster but she is pretty big for a pullet. any suggestions? or should i find someone that wants him?
Can you please post pictures of this bird? Was he purchased as a sexed cockerel? Is he a sex linked breed?

yes but maybe im wrong. she came sexed but they can not always be accurate i will post a picture

Back
Top Bottom