Help!! My new chicks are all different!!!!! Name that Chick Game!!!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by sgall, Mar 13, 2013.

1. sgall

sgall Out Of The Brooder

Nov 15, 2011
    My husband and I bought some hatching eggs at an auction and bout Rhode Island Red eggs.. (All brown eggs) well.... We got 29 that hatched out!!!! I've never seen black RIRs in my life!!! Lol we got the bad end of the stick but we love them!!!! I believe a few maybe RIR but I'm a bit confused on others. I believe we have some barred rocks, welsummers, and the rest I'm clueless!!! I have one gray one with feathers on his feet!!!! Lol here are pics help!! Thanks!
    #1 welsummer? [​IMG]
    #2 RIR? [​IMG]
    #3 ??? No clue only one like it... Named him Charlie! Lol [​IMG]
    #4 ???? A few like this with very light feathers... Almost whitish beige?? [​IMG]
    #5 no idea!!! Lighter than RIRs[​IMG]

2. sgall

sgall Out Of The Brooder

Nov 15, 2011
    Oops forgot the barred rocks?? #6... [​IMG]

3. sgall

sgall Out Of The Brooder

Nov 15, 2011
    Can anyone help??? [​IMG]

4. sgall

sgall Out Of The Brooder

Nov 15, 2011
    Guess no one knows :(

5. SlipsWife

SlipsWife Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2013
    Odessa, Texas
    I wish I could help! I did want to say I love Charlie! [​IMG]

6. allmychickens

allmychickens Just'a small town girl

Aug 4, 2011
    Washington

7. sgall

sgall Out Of The Brooder

Nov 15, 2011
    Thanks ladies!!! The one thats #5 is lighter and no shades of red thats why I thought maybe it was different...on another note...I have alot of roosters!! haha!! No I just pulled one from each of the different breeds to take pics of and I guess I got lucky with roosters haha! How can you tell they are roosters at such a young age? Thanks for replying and I was really hoping Charlie was a hen!!!!!!!! Urgh..hes pretty big though so I guess I was expecting that haha! Thanks again for replying!!! [​IMG]

8. sgall

sgall Out Of The Brooder

Nov 15, 2011
    Also..just curious to know...out of these which breeds would you keep and why? Thanks! [​IMG]

9. allmychickens

allmychickens Just'a small town girl

Aug 4, 2011
    Washington
    well marans lay dark chocolate eggs and even though hes a little roo he could create darker egged offspring. also they tend to be quite sweet butr RIRS are the sweetest, jump right into your arms for s cuddle. BOs are great and barred rocks are good too. but wellsummers lay pretty eggs :) ALL OOF THEM lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by