Help my poor Big Red

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by marcus connor, Jan 1, 2015.

1. marcus connor

marcus connor Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 23, 2014
    Eastern Texas
    I looked in my roost today and my rooster had his leg up like a flamingo,So i looked at his right leg and there is a wart size,And hard as bone.So do chickens get warts,Or is something really wrong with him i will get a picture tomorrow.

2. cnicho05

cnicho05 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2014
    Owosso, MI
    Hello,

Without a picture it is difficult to say...

Chickens can develop a number of issues with their feet which are caused by a number of environmental variables. For example, your roaster could have got a small cut on his foot which developed this lump while healing. Furthermore, in wet conditions chickens can develop numerous conditions which are almost always difficult to resolve.

I would suggest you get a picture of it and add it to this post...that way you can get the most accurate description of what is going on...

3. marcus connor

marcus connor Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 23, 2014
    Eastern Texas
    [​IMG]

Look at the white bump on his leg right under his spurr ,sorry that it is a bad picture I was in the muddy chicken house it was raining and trying not to drop my tablet

Last edited: Jan 2, 2015
  4. cnicho05

cnicho05 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2014
    Owosso, MI
    Hello,

From the picture I wouldn't be able to give you any clear answer as to what is happening. I would suggest you look very closely at the bump and the area around it. It is possible this bird simply stepped on or cut their foot. As of right now, you just want to make sure it doesn't get any worse or progress to any other areas...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by