Help my quail has pasty butt!

AfiafiAfi

I regret spoiling my ducks 😑
Sep 1, 2021
Bangladesh,Nasirabad.
Hello my quail has pasty butt today as I checked up I found out,I have tried cleaning the vent but I dunno if it worked here are the pics pls confirm me if the vent is cleaned properly too much pressure there makes foam come out of my quails mouth pls help here are the pics
49B9DF15-AB4E-403F-B3D9-689D0D2B6056.jpeg
54407CAB-603A-497F-9E14-C5851D54DA13.jpeg

Hello my quail has pasty butt today as I checked up I found out,I have tried cleaning the vent but I dunno if it worked here are the pics pls confirm me if the vent is cleaned properly too much pressure there makes foam come out of my quails mouth pls help here are the picsView attachment 2833946View attachment 2833947
That looks like a really bad case of it unfortunately. I'm not sure what else you can do except maybe try surgery or somebody else can help hopefully. Or you can search up "A Chick called Albert" on youtube (he has a episode of him rescuing a little chicken chick from a child play room thing) he doesn't say what materials he used so you'll have to be observant. Good luck!

Pasty butt can cause poop to back up and form a plug. What I recommend is coconut oil chilledand reduced to pieces small enough to slip into the beak. Get as much into the bird as you can. This will work its way down to the plug in a few hours, and hopefully, it will be pooped out. If not, and the bird seems to be straining to poop, apply a little pressure on each side of the vent to start the poop to being expelled. Then give lots of fluids to clean out its system.

Yes now she’s ok I think there’s nothing in her vent
It looks pink and tiny
And she’s frequently drinking
I sent her to the vet and he gave some glucose and some types of medicines to apply with their drinking water
Her under is sort of wet and dirty but fortunately I think the vent is clean now their was a hard blob of droppings stuck to it the other day but I cleaned it with cotton swab I feel like it’s ok now and she’s not drowsy anymore…yay I’ll give a quaick update later
Hope u guys are having a good day

Back
Top Bottom