help!!!!!!!!!!!!!, my quail rooster is sick

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by quintinp, Dec 30, 2010.

1. quintinp

quintinp Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2010
    Southern Oklahoma
    i have a quail roo i bought at a local trade days, i bought him thinking he was fine, then as i was leaving, in my car i noticed that it had bumblefoot, i thought i could keep it ok for a while, but after losing its mate i think it has started to grieve:/, because its mate just died, because of a really cold night, and i dont think he is eating, because he is really weak, and i just noticed that it had dried poo on its foot, [​IMG] thinking i was doing the right thing i tried to get the poo off of his foot, i made him bleed a little and now he is limping, because after i pulled the poop off he started bleeding, please any one who knows anything, i would love to find out any thing to help him, does he possibly need another mate

2. jjthink

jjthink Overrun With Chickens

Jan 17, 2007
    New Jersey
    If you haven't already, for starters put the little guy somewhere comfortably warm and quiet and dry with all his creature comforts close at hand. Because he's ailing he won't be able to endure cold right now....

JJ

3. quintinp

quintinp Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2010
    Southern Oklahoma
    i have him in a rabbit hutch i built, it is in my shop, and it has a 175w heat lamp above him, he has plenty of food, and he also has a wooden box, (rabbit nesting box) he likes to get in it, i just hope he makes it all right, and i hope i can possibly get him a female Sunday at my trade days:/ddddddddddd:confused:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by