HELP! ! ! ! my rabbits all died.

rgoodwin

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 5, 2013
All of my rabbits died. They were all great, active, and normal one day. Dead the next. A couple had earmites and I thought that might be what was causing it. The last one that died looked perfectly healthy. Ideas????

I'm so sorry for your loss! I'm more of a chicken person than a rabbit person (although we have a few, they are DH's thing more than mine) but I hope you find out what happened.

Ear mites annoy, but don't kill.

Are you saying all of these rabbits died the same day? I can think of several things that could cause the sudden death of one rabbit, but the likeliest cause of multiple sudden deaths in a short period of time is a toxin. Did you change feeds, or something?

Sorry for your loss.

They did not all die the same day. All different days and several days apart...

Where are you located? Different areas have different diseases and a few of them can quite rapidly kill a rabbit.

It may be worth it to send in one of the bodies for a necropsy. If I had a herd all suddenly die, I would definitely want to know what happened before bringing in new animals.

Did you notice anything unusual about when you found them, other than them being deceased? I lost 19 out of 21 of my rabbits within a week and a half of each other. When I found them, they were bent backwards a bit and had slobber around their mouths. All of them did. Towards the end, I found two just minutes before they passed. They died having seizures, that it why they were bent backwards. Come to find out, it was tainted feed. I was never compensated by the feed company.

I didnt notice anything unusual. The wife found one that was colose to passing. She brought it inside and was giving it gatorade. She began to purk up then. Bam! She died too.

Back
Top Bottom