HELP! My rooster ate my earbud sleeves!

tylerthechicken614

In the Brooder
Nov 16, 2020
Help! My rooster ate both sides of the silicone earbud sleeves will he be okay? He is acting normal, eating and breathing normally I just don't know if he's gonna be okay. What should I do?

oh no I hope he’s ok once my chicken ate a hair tie
sorry I can’t help though but it might make you feel a bit better

Well, they eat a lot of crazy stuff and probably a lot we never know about. I had a pullet run up and grab a 1 1/4 inch wood screw a few weeks ago. Before I could get it from her she ate it. She has been fine so far.

Well, they eat a lot of crazy stuff and probably a lot we never know about. I had a pullet run up and grab a 1 1/4 inch wood screw a few weeks ago. Before I could get it from her she ate it. She has been fine so far.
Yeah they a lot of random things, It's great that she's fine.!

Yeah they a lot of random things, It's great that she's fine.!
I would think something like the ear bud sleeves he will pass. Of course, that is more or less a guess. I have no idea if my girl passed the screw or not.
There is an old thread on here about someone having one eat a screw and took it to the vet and they actually posted an Xray of the crop which not only had the screw but several other screws, roofing tacks, etc.... It was fairly wild to see.
Anyway, if I remember correctly the vet did surgery and removed all of this and then the chicken died a couple days later. I think if they would have left her alone she would have been fine when you consider all the stuff that was already in there with no problem until the surgery.

Back
Top Bottom