HELP!!!!my rooster is bleeding

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by chickmaniac250, Dec 6, 2010.

1. chickmaniac250

chickmaniac250 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 24, 2010
    ok I have 16 hens and 2 roos!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] they are 8 months old and I love them to bits [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] but..... some of my hens have started to peck at one of my roos(his name is tiger) he is a rhode island red and my hens [​IMG] [​IMG] will peck at his comb and waddle [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] it will then bleed and if he goes to eat the blood from his waddle will get onto the food [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] please help me [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]:bun I love him and he is really a classic [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] do we kill him??? do we sell him? do we remove him and put him in a chicken tractor with the nice hens???? HHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! here are some pics

2. chickmaniac250

Jan 24, 2010
    srrry I don't know how to upload pics onto the forum!!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] pleeeeeze help

3. jerseygirl1

jerseygirl1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Orange County, NY
    I would seperate him from the other birds, then put something on his comb, like Blu-kote, to stop the bleeding. My hens did that when their pen was too small for all the birds - how big of an area do you have all the birds in - could it be too small for all of them?

4. chickmaniac250

Jan 24, 2010
    we have a 6 x 8 coop with 3 long roosts and a 20 x 12 run wich it is not cold right now so they still go outside

5. justtoni44

justtoni44 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2010
    oregon
    The coop could be a bit small.we allow 4 sq. feet per bird....most of our chickens are good sized.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by