Help my Rooster is sick also!!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by zinkie, Oct 22, 2013.

1. zinkie

zinkie Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2013
    Southern NH
    I noticed Yesterday that my rooster Zeek had very little in his crop and was breathing a bit hard. It did not seem too bad. He is not one I handle too much he only lets me pick him up off the roost. I checked him tonight when closing them in and he was breathing very hard and fast. (he seemed ok when he was in yard after we let them free range after work- just maybe slower). I checked his crop and it was empty except for rocks- I could feel them.

I took him and tried to get him to eat a little bread, but he would not. I forced a few drops of water and enzymes into his beak. He is breathing very deeply (his whole body is moving up and down) and has his eyes closed.

A side note, a week ago, I noticed some blood on roost. I have been checking for more, but have not seen any or have any of my girls with any sign of illness (Zeek has 10 girls). I am not sure if it even came from him.

They are 7-8 months old. He is an Americana.

I don't know if I should force some food into him... force some more liquid into him ?????

2. zinkie

zinkie Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2013
    Southern NH
    He just pooped a little and it is white ish with a tint of yellow, very runny.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by